Home ownership can and should be within reach of every American family.
Homes should be well-designed, well-constructed and well-located in attracting communities with educational, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
Homes should be built under free enterprise system.
To achieve these goals, we pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customers, our community and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy
- High standards of health, safety, and sanitation shall be build into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improve methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
- We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the National Association of Builders.